In 1752, in the backwoods of North Carolina the Moravians purchased a tract of almost 100,000 acres . The name of the tract became known as Wachovia. In 1766, they established the town of Salem (meaning “peace”) in N.C.
The Moravians established a rooted community with strong values and stable trade. They continued their legacy of 24 hour prayer and worship centers that were started in Eastern Europe by their ancestors. Their prayer and missionary spirit still has effect in the foothills of North Carolina where today many ministries have established their home bases.
This ‘Moravian Lamp Stand’ is a term which came out of Count Zinzendorf and the Moravians 24 hour prayer meeting on Aug 26, 1727. It lasted for 100 years and MorningStar's piece of property was included in that prayer meeting.
People from around the world come here to access the inheritance of the prayers and angelic activity - Moravian Falls is known as the second most angelic portal in the world, Mount of Olives being number one.